By Reach for the Wall staff.
Three PVS swimmers – Katie Ledecky (Bethesda, Md / Stone Ridge), Janet Hu (Vienna, Va / Oakton High School) and Megan Byrnes (Fairfax, Va / Oakton High School) – helped power Stanford University to the 2017 Division I Women’s Championship in Indianapolis, Indiana. This is Stanford’s 9th women’s title, and its 526.5 points crushed cross-town rival, Cal’s Golden Bears (366 points), as well as the Texas A&M Agglets (292.5 points), Georgia Bulldogs (252.5 points), and Texas Longhorns (252 points).
The University of Virginia, with help from Morgan Hill (Olney, MD / Sherwood High School), finished in 12th place with 149 points, the University of North Carolina, led by Hellen Moffitt (Alexandria, Va / West Potomac High) was 17th with 73 points, and the University of Notre Dame, anchored by Catherine Mulquin (Laytonsville, MD / Our Lady of Good Counsel) took 44th place.
— NCAP Swim Club (@NCAPswim) March 19, 2017
Day 4 Results of PVS Swimmers
Women 1650 Free
- 1st place – Katie Ledecky (Stanford) – 15.07.70
- 3rd place – Megan Byrnes (Stanford) – 15.50.87
Women 200 Back
- 15th place – Janet Hu (Stanford) – 1:52.13
- 21st place – Hellen Moffitt (UNC) – 1:53.19
Women 100 Free
- 50th place – Morgan Hill (UVa) – 49.65
Women 400 Free Relay
- 1st place – Stanford (Simone Manuel, Katie Ledecky, Janet Hu, Lia Neal) – 3:07.61
- 11th place – Univ. of North Carolina (Caroline Baldwin, Sarah Hitchens, Brooke Bauer, Hellen Moffitt) – 3:13.50