By Reach for the Wall staff.
As expected, PVS has left a mark on Days 1 and 2 of the 2017 Division I Men’s NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships (March 22-25) in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Jack Conger (Rockville, Md / Our Lady of Good Counsel) and John Shebat (Oak Hill, Va / Oakton HS) have helped power the Texas Longhorns out to an early lead with 225.5 points. Cal Berkeley, led by Andrew Seliskar (McLean, Va / Thomas Jefferson HS), is in 2nd with 143 points. Florida is in 3rd with 138.5 points, and North Carolina State is 4th with 123 points.
http:// Shebat on the far left and Conger on the far right.
Texas win its 3rd straight 400 medley relay in an NCAA record 2:59.22!!! NCAASwimDive pic.twitter.com/e4N2oQKBwh
— Texas Men’sSwimDive (@TexasMSD) March 24, 2017
- Prelims / Trials
- Swimming: 10am (ET) on Thur., Fri. & Sat.
- Diving: 12pm (ET) on Thur., Fri., & Sat.
- Finals at 6pm (ET) on Wed., Thur., Fri., & Sat.
- Prelims / Trials
- Live Stream / Webcast
Below are swimmers and divers from the Washington D.C. metro area (or from Maryland or Virginia) who are competing in NCAA’s this week.
800 Freestyle Relay
- 2nd place – Texas (Jack Conger; Jeff Newkirk (Chesterfield, Va / Matoaca HS); Clark Smith; Townley Haas (Richmond, Va. / Benedictine Prep)
200 Freestyle Relay
- 1st place – Texas (Brett Ringgold; Jack Conger, Tate Jackson, Joseph Schooling)
- 2nd place – Townley Haas (Univ. of Texas / Richmond, Va. / Benedictine Prep)
- 17th place – Ben Lawless (Univ. of Florida / Owings, Md / Northern HS) went a 4:14.14, just 0.05 seconds shy of making the top 16 swimmers who swim in finals on Thursday night.
- 23rd place – Brennan Novak (Harvard Univ. / Potomac, Md / Gonzaga College HS)
200 Individual Medley
- 5th place – Chase Kalisz (Univ. of Georgia / Bel Air, Md / Fallston High School)
- 6th place place – Andrew Seliskar (Univ. of California Berkeley / McLean, Va / Thomas Jefferson HS)
- 13th place – Brandon Fiala (Virginia Tech / Fairfax, Va / Westfield HS)
- 10th place – Jack Conger (Univ. of Texas / Rockville, Md / Our Lady of Good Counsel)
- DQ (false start) – John Shebat (Univ. of Texas / Oak Hill, Va / Oakton HS)
- Grayson Campbell (Univ. of Texas / Vienna, Va / James Madison HS) placed 17th, just missed the top 16 divers who qualified for finals on Thursday night.
400 Medley Relay
- 1st place – Texas (John Shebat (Oak Hill, Va / Oakton HS); Will Licon; Joseph Schooling; Jack Conger)
- Their time of 2:59.22 are new US Open and NCAA records.
- 4th place – Univ. of Southern Cal (Ralf Tribuntsov; Carsten Vissering (Bethesda, Md / Georgetown Prep HS); Carter Dylan; Santo Condorelli)
- 24th place – Virginia Tech (Robert Owen; Brandon Fiala (Fairfax, Va / Westfield HS); Norbert Szabo; Harrison Pierce)