Age Group Swim Coach – 8 & Under
The Nation’s Capital Swim Club is looking for a Bronze coach at their Georgetown Prep location in Rockville, MD as well as the American University in Washington, DC.
The Coach is responsible and accountable for planning, conducting, and attending high quality swim team practices and meets. The Coach is also responsible for informing and helping Bronze parents as they navigate competitive swimming. The
emphasis is on the technique of all 4 strokes, turns, and personal development
towards competitive swimming.
- Contribute to the overall NCAP mission of quality swimming, social responsibility, and
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with parents, volunteers and swimmers.
Position involves weekend or extended hours and travel to offsite events.
- Tracking attendance, writing practices, and weekly communication with parents.
Responsible for staying current with the meet entries and information.
- Must maintain safety by following USA swimming guidelines and maintain proper
- Conducting group tryouts with consistent requirements annually in July.
- Coaching 15-20 8 & under swimmers on a weekly basis Sept – July.
- Must be 18 years of age.Minimum 3 years of stroke instruction, lesson experience, or competitive swimming.
- Must be able to relate and work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner.
- Have a background in age group level coaching or teaching and demonstrate the ability to develop adolescent athletes.
- Attend all practices.
- Attend monthly meets at various locations in the DMV.
Monday, Wednesday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM; Sunday – 5:30 -6:30 PM
Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 6:30 – 7:45 PM
Please send applications to:
Tom Ugast – firstname.lastname@example.org